I have recently been desperately searching Pinterest for new recipes because I got bored with my meals. This includes breakfast! I wanted something fun with lots of different textures and tastes to really get my day started. This is what landed me on…wait for it…GRANOLA. It’s hearty, versatile and satisfying so it seemed like the perfect thing to start my morning with!
To start, I want to give credit where credit is due. The foundation of this recipe was written by Deanna at the Live Fit Girls. If you would like to check it out, you find it here! Now, without further ado, I give you my Healthy, Hearty Granola recipe…
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Chopped, Raw Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Chopped, Raw Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Honey (local & raw if possible!)
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine oats, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Spread mixture into an even layer onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and pop in the oven for 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- While that is in the oven, combine honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla into a large bowl.
- Once you pull the mixture out of the oven, carefully dump it into the glass bowl with the wet ingredients and mix.
- Dump the combined mixture back onto the parchment paper and place back in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Clean up the kitchen and all the oats you spilled on the floor before your husband gets out of the shower and sees all the insanity that lead to the deliciousness that he will totally be wanting to snack on later (or…maybe that’s just me?).
- Take out and enjoy the smells until the final product has cooled.
- Combine with plain greek yogurt and berries.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think in the comments. I hope you love it as much as I do!